2018 Fossil Best Practices Awards
As part of its mission to share best demonstrated practices that continuously improve safety, environmental responsibility, reliability, and economics in coal, oil, and gas fleet generation, the EUCG Fossil Generation Committee is seeking nominations for the 2018 Fossil Best Practices Awards.
The award is open to all EUCG member organizations
- Best practice must be submitted on the form provided by the FGC.
- An EUCG member utility may submit a maximum of four (4) best practices.
- The practice being nominated must be in use at the submitting company, either in the Fossil Business Unit or at a fossil-fired power plant (conventional steam electric generating facility, combined cycle plant, or combustion turbine installation).
- The nominated practice may be a process, technique, or innovative use of resources that has a proven record of success in reducing cost, enhancing revenue, or improving quality, performance, safety, employee/customer satisfaction, or other measurable factors that affect the health of an organization.
- Include specific information that will allow your nomination to be evaluated against others.
- Photographs, drawings, tables, etc., may be provided to supplement an entry.
- Nominations are valid for two (2) nomination cycles.
To be eligible for the 2018 Fossil Best Practices Awards, nominations must be received by 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time on July 2, 2018. Early submissions are strongly encouraged. Nominations may be submitted as follows:
- Complete the on-line nomination form here.
- Click here to download a nomination form. E-mail the completed form, along with copies of any supplemental material, to Joyce Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access a downloadable copy of the nomination information here.
Judging / Recognition:
All entries will be evaluated by a team made up of members of the Fossil Steering Committee. Best practice awards will be made in three (3) areas to be determined by the evaluation team. Winners will be notified by August 1, 2018.
Winners will be recognized at the EUCG 2018 Fall Workshop scheduled for September 9 - 12 in Denver, Colorado. Representatives of the winning utilities will be invited to make presentations about their best practices to workshop delegates (award recipients will be responsible for their own travel, hotel, and other conference-related expenses).
Information about the award-winning best practices will be posted on the EUCG website after the workshop.